Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 RBS PPI Claim After Trust Deed - 2019

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bacardibill Posted - 12 August 2019 : 18:42:25
For Info : Today I had a very dissapointing response from the FO, I had a complaint with them with regards RBS offsetting PPI monies against previous trust deed debt despite being discharged.
The FO hae gone with RBS despite the Donnelly case and up and coming October court case...........comment from my FO letter :

"I appreciate that you granted a trust deed and were
subsequently discharged, but I donít think that makes a difference. I donít think it would be fair to ask RBS to repay you the extra you paid for PPI that was offset,so your claim is denied"

I would be intetested to hear if any other forum members have had a response from FO with there existing claims about offset.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Luke4630 Posted - 25 February 2021 : 10:29:03
Hi angibabes seen your message we currently have a WhatsApp group at 17 members you are welcome to join . my email is on previous messages
Kayak Posted - 25 February 2021 : 07:41:06
Last communication I had with them I said I needed an answer as I was in similar position to Mrs Donnelly case, and they sent a standard reply, still awaiting their legal teams advice.
Kayak Posted - 24 February 2021 : 22:27:26
If you send anything, send copies not originals.
Angibabes Posted - 24 February 2021 : 13:47:55
Hi there

I got my letters last week and I phoned them up, explained to the call handler that I didn't accept the last offer due to rbs setting off. I was told if I sent my trust deed completion certificate that the payments team would take this into consideration when issuing payment.

I wonder if anyone else has been told this?
Kayak Posted - 24 February 2021 : 08:55:38
I take it if they are doing this , then the last case result meant they were liable to pay out to a lot of people?
Didi1962 Posted - 23 February 2021 : 14:09:43
Hi anyone heard that RBS have lodged another appeal? Spoke to ppi team yesterday and thatís what the guy said!
Didi1962 Posted - 16 February 2021 : 15:43:18
Mickyboy70 I have received a similar letter with an offer for just one of our ppi claims we sent the form of acceptance back over a week ago but not heard anything back. They are always giving the same answer itís with our legal team we will be in touch as soon as there is any news. I am not prepared to let them keep my ppi that was awarded and I will be taking them to court if nothing is settled in full. I look forward to hearing hoe you get on with your claim good luck
Kayak Posted - 15 February 2021 : 19:05:55
I received a similar "Standard" letter, and replied saying i wanted a cheque, not prepared to give bank details or agreeing to set-off. I also stated my case was similar to Donnelly V RBS, and that i had enough and was ready to go to court!

This was the reply:

"Thank you for your email.

This matter is still with our Legal Team who have advised that as soon as there is an update, impacted customers will be contacted. I understand that they are hoping to have done this very soon and apologies that I cannot provide a specific timescale at this moment, but please be assured that the issue is in hand and is currently being looked into.

Kind regards

This matter is still with our Legal Team who have advised that as soon as there is an update, impacted customers will be contacted. I understand that they are hoping to have done this very soon and apologies that I cannot provide a specific timescale at this moment, but please be assured that the issue is in hand and is currently being looked into.

Kind regards

John Hutcheon | PPI Executive Concerns".
mickyboy.70 Posted - 15 February 2021 : 12:25:15
Hi Didi, yes I received a letter last Friday with an offer to settle my claim along with a form requesting my bank details. However, RBS are still ins#8203;erting a caveat about 'any final settlement will take into account any outstanding arrears or debt...' In my reply I paraphrased what Kevin Mapstone had previously said 'RBS cannot offset PPI related claims automatically...they have to convince a Sheriff to reverse my discharge and reappoint a Trustee to oversee that any due funds are distributed fairly amongst all creditors, not just RBS...'Given that the amount in my case is relatively small and that my original Trustee's company is no longer in existence it will be very interesting to see what their next move is! Will keep everyone informed.
Didi1962 Posted - 14 February 2021 : 10:15:39
Hi everyone has there been any more information from rbs? Taking their time to sort this out whatís everyoneís thoughts
Didi1962 Posted - 04 February 2021 : 14:26:37
I would be interested in doing a group on WhatsApp need this all put to bed getting ridiculous now with RBS
Luke4630 Posted - 03 February 2021 : 21:18:30
Anyone keen for the WhatsApp group please email me your user name and mobile number to lukecg@aol.com ,I will not give out any details with out your permission
MrsC1006 Posted - 03 February 2021 : 20:45:21
I have been a lurker on this board for the last few years and closely watching all thr court action around RBS. I am in exactly the same position- trust deed ended in 2010 and they have delightfully set off my PPI - I have been in regular contact with them regarding all the supreme court judgements and would definitely be interested in a group action against them. I cannot believe that they are still dragging their heels but like all of you are no longer surprised at the lengths they will go to on order to avoid payments!
ewenR22 Posted - 03 February 2021 : 20:28:14
Count me in for a WhatsApp group
barneymagrew Posted - 03 February 2021 : 20:02:12
Could you count me in for the WhatsApp group as well please, do you need my phone number?

Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.