New Topic  Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2018 :  14:54:59  Show Profile
Hi Sarah this happened to me last month, I complained also, you will get a letter back stating there were right to do full off set but letter will also state there are awaiting a court decision on an appeal to Donnelly v RBS case which should be hear first half of 2019. I'm sure we will all get our money back at some point.
Go to Top of Page

Sazlil@hotmail.co.uk
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2018 :  16:06:40  Show Profile
Hi glasgaz74 ,thank you . Will just have to wait and see ,but my fingers are crossed .

Sarah Bakani
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

36 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2018 :  13:55:58  Show Profile
Received a letter from RBS today following my complaint regarding them deducting £518 from my Package Bank Account, pay out. They have agreed that they shouldnít be using money to clear debt previously owed ( pre trust deed) and have sent a cheque gor the £518. Hopefully this will lead to them paying the 3.5k owed for Ppi but wonít hold my breath.
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2018 :  12:15:39  Show Profile
Great news Contoboy, was that amount owed as part of your Trust deed, or before it?
RBS has advised me they are appealing the Donnelly v RBS case and this should be heard first half of 2019, fingers crossed it gets thrown out of court yet again and we all get our monies

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

36 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2018 :  13:04:45  Show Profile
The PBA was taken out before the trust deed so if it was known during the trust deed period they would have claimed it. RBS said I owed them as they had not been paid in full but have returned the money they kept.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2018 :  10:12:49  Show Profile
Hi all I'm sick off waiting for my money . last letter from rbs was Nov 2018 . Time to get an appoitment with The Donnelly lawyer .

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2018 :  12:33:45  Show Profile
Well said Luke4630, Last letter I got at start of December basically stated there keeping the money as putting an appeal in against Donnelly case, however looks as if RBS don't have a leg to stand on, just delaying even more, Hope we get extra interest when we finally get paid.
Contacted Donnelly lawyer and advised what RBS told me about appealling
Go to Top of Page

Rumbles13

3 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2018 :  18:46:05  Show Profile
Hi all, Iím new to this. I received a letter from Mond (cleardebt) 8 years after my trust deed ended. This was in April. I was told they would be hiring a company (dprs) to chase my ppi and to contact them with enquiries. When I phoned to ask claim status as I was concerned about my trust deed being reopened as I worked so hard to pay it off and get myself sorted again. I was told they err waiting on the high court result. I phoned today to say I was aware of the result to be told they had no news? I know for a fact I have ppi and paid at least 10 years of it on a northern rock mortgage. I am not on the insolvency register as I checked in a panic. Can I tell the. I donít want them to represent me anymore or have they already got my ppi and not telling me. Confused!

Colin rumbles
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12917 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2018 :  20:53:02  Show Profile
Welcome Rumbles13.

They donít represent you. Theyíve recently lost at the Supreme Court about whether they can go back to court to re-open your trust deed to gather in any PPI they might have found.

The Supreme Court hinted that another route for a trustee to gather in PPI might (no certainty) exist, but we know of no trustee that has tested this route.

To make things more confusing, NRAM is one of a very small number of banks that, until recently at least, wouldnít normally have given you or your trustee money anyway (assuming they had written off money owed to them as part of your trust deed).

Apologies that Iíve probably answered a couple of your questions and created a couple of new ones. Thatís just how this subject stands at the moment.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 28 December 2018 20:54:03
Go to Top of Page

Rumbles13

3 Posts

Posted - 29 December 2018 :  09:37:05  Show Profile
Thanks for that, so I guess I would be free to chase ppi on my own behalf now. Whether it be successful or not?

Colin rumbles
Go to Top of Page

WIKIKEE
Advanced Contributor

178 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2018 :  16:33:18  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by jongers1[/i]
[br]WIKIKEE when you say you didn't get the windfall you hoped for, is it because they are offering you a figure to settle?

No their calculations seem accurate enough turns out I hadn't paid that much on a monthly basis to PPI, most of what I'm getting back is interest
Go to Top of Page

Rumbles13

3 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2019 :  15:55:10  Show Profile
Hi all I have tried phoning Drsp on numerous occasions now, they wonít confirm either way what is happening regarding ppi and my old trust deed. I feel Iím being fobbed off. Any advice

Colin rumbles
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2019 :  21:54:50  Show Profile
Looking for some advice as most will know I'm due 13k from RBS however received nothing due to a full offset. Awaiting court action now. However I've read that RBS should be paying the interest part of the RBS payment out, does anyone know if this is correct?
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

36 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2019 :  09:57:35  Show Profile
I received the interest payment for a package bank account claim and they used the rest as offset. However, I complained and later received the payments I made also. I, like most are still waiting on payment for Ppi.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12917 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2019 :  10:09:42  Show Profile
I don't know the answer to this. But...

RBS has claimed that their PPI liability to you ended when someone went into a trust deed. It was set-off against your debt at that point in time.

If that argument holds, then there's no interest to pay? Interest prior to the trust deed was set-off. No interest would accrue after the trust deed began because nothing is owed.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.