Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Mortgage Advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wndrs
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2019 :  15:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím now 3.5 years post discharge from my trust deed and finding it incredibly difficult to get a mortgage. All the high street options say I need to wait until 6 years post discharge. The trouble is my wife and I need to move across the country for new jobs. Our income is going up so itís great for our credit isssues but if we canít get a mortgage itíll really hamper our efforts. We currently live in a mortgaged home and without considering a trust deed our affordability would be massive. Itís just so frustrating as it is no longer on my credit report and my credit isnít that bad anymore.

Does anyone have any advice? An experienced IFA or lenders that have less strict policies?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12985 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2019 :  16:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Wndrs.

If you haven't seen it, our article on this subject can be read at:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/news/gettingamortgageafterascottishtrustdeed.php

I think the key point here is to use a mortgage broker. The will be lenders prepared to consider an application from you. The issue is that they're not household names and some will only accept applications made via mortgage brokers.

If it's any reassurance, we've heard from quite a few people who have been able to obtain mortgages sooner than 3.5 years after discharge.

It's always worth checking if your mortgage is "portable" also. Some are. If it is you may be able to take your existing mortgage to a new home.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.