Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Credit report
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrsAandBaby
Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2019 :  17:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, we have now been discharged from our trust deeds as of September 2017. On checking my credit report there is one lender still showing an outstanding balance and recording a default every month. I have contacted via phone and they have refused to remove it as they don’t know anything about trust deeds! Are there any standard letters that I could use to quote my rights following the settlement through the TD and requesting my report is cleansed?? As far as I am aware they shouldn’t have added anything to my report after the trust deed became protected. Is that right enough??

Thanks!

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13056 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2019 :  20:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MrsAandBaby.

This lender should have done the following when you were discharged:

1 - Mark any default notice as being satisfied or partially satisfied.

2 - Set the balance owed to zero.

3 - Stop regular monthly reporting on the account.

If they've refused to update your record, I'd suggest that you make a formal complaint to them. It doesn't have to be in writing - you can complain by phone.

The first advantage of making a complaint is that the firm will have to deal with it within a fixed and fairly short timescale.

The second advantage is that firm's complaint handlers tend to be more knowlegeable and empowered than customer service teams.

The third advantage is that you can take the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman if the firm doesn't deal with it to your satisfaction. They'll be clear about the rules, even if this firm is not.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.