Mortgage success
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Itsallovernow
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2019 :  16:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. Bit of background here.

I had to sign up for trust deed june 2013, was discharged having fully paid all agreed payments in December 2019. Was lucky enough to be allowed a housing loan built local council who I work for to purchase my council property in Dec 2016 even though It was still on my credit file and today we have been offered and accepted a mainstream mortgage from Halifax on a five year fixed basis. The relief is unreal and all I can say to you all is keep going it will get better. I thought things would never improve but they have. Was a sticky moment when bank of Scotland who are a sister company said that as it was a housing loan to be repaid from the mortgage they could only do the term over ten years as opposed to the 15 we wanted but Halifax see it differently and are happy to offer. We have reduced the payment years to 15 from 22years and 3 months left of housing loan and Iím absolutely hissing about his. The housing loan was exactly that a loan and was 470 per month. The mortgage is 529 per month and more than manageable.

Yes itís hard. Yes itís difficult to even comprehend how we get to the point of a deed. But there is life after it I promise you.

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2218 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2019 :  19:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi itsallovernow and welcome to the forum,

Thatís absolutely fantastic news and thanks for sharing an update.

Posts like this really do help people who are just starting out on their journey to become debt free. Iím pleased to hear you have moved on after the Trust Deed and are in a much better financial situation.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Itsallovernow
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2019 :  20:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was you who dealt with my trust deed David. I wonít say who I am on here but I will be forever grateful to you.

Thereís times when you just donít think it will ever end or it will get any better and I just wanted to tel folk that it does.
Go to Top of Page

Itsallovernow
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2019 :  20:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That first post should read discharged December 2015!
Go to Top of Page

Itsallovernow
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2019 :  20:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Itsallovernow[/i]
[br]Hi all. Bit of background here.

I had to sign up for trust deed june 2013, was discharged having fully paid all agreed payments in December 2015. Was lucky enough to be allowed a housing loan from our local local council who I work for to purchase my council property in Dec 2016 even though The trust deed was still on my credit file which fallped off my credit reports June this year and today we have been offered and accepted a mainstream mortgage from Halifax on a five year fixed basis. The relief is unreal and all I can say to you all is keep going it will get better. I thought things would never improve but they have. Was a sticky moment when bank of Scotland who are a sister company said that as it was a housing loan to be repaid from the mortgage they could only do the term over ten years as opposed to the 15 we wanted but Halifax see it differently and are happy to offer. We have reduced the payment years to 15 from 22years and 3 months left of housing loan and Iím absolutely delighted about this. The housing loan was exactly that a loan and was 470 per month. The mortgage is 529 per month and more than manageable.

Yes itís hard. Yes itís difficult to even comprehend how we get to the point of a deed. But there is life after it I promise you.

Go to Top of Page

Itsallovernow
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2019 :  20:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Itsallovernow[/i]
[br]Hi all. Bit of background here.

I had to sign up for trust deed june 2013, was discharged having fully paid all agreed payments in December 2015. Was lucky enough to be allowed a housing loan from our local local council who I work for to purchase my council property in Dec 2016 even though The trust deed was still on my credit file which fallped off my credit reports June this year and today we have been offered and accepted a mainstream mortgage from Halifax on a five year fixed basis. The relief is unreal and all I can say to you all is keep going it will get better. I thought things would never improve but they have. Was a sticky moment when bank of Scotland who are a sister company said that as it was a housing loan to be repaid from the mortgage they could only do the term over ten years as opposed to the 15 we wanted but Halifax see it differently and are happy to offer. We have reduced the payment years to 15 from 22years and 3 months left of housing loan and Iím absolutely delighted about this. The housing loan was exactly that a loan and was 470 per month. The mortgage is 529 per month and more than manageable.

Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2218 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2019 :  21:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi itsallovernow,

Aw come on, you canít do that to me. Now Iím racking my brain to try and figure out who you are...!? Itís ok I can understand not wanting to say on a public forum who you are.

Iím glad I was able to play a small part in helping you get back on track financially.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Itsallovernow
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2019 :  08:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol. Just to say Clark Gillone sourced the mortgage and at rates that anyone would be happy to sign up to. Forever grateful David.
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2218 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2019 :  10:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are welcome Itsallovernow. Always nice to receive some positive feedback.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.