Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 private car plates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nncjimbo
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2019 :  18:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys new member looking for advice my TD, finishes in 2 payments so i called the company dealing with that just to confirm finish date only to be told that i had an extra 500 pounds to due to the fact that 2 private plates. where registered on my trust deed and that i had signed for this. i explained that i was the reg keeper for both cars at the time but was not the owner of the plates or the cars i was asked to provide proof. that i was not the owner at the time so i sent them both V5 docs and retention slips for the plates showing them to be my wife and daughters which where bought by my wife father as presents for them before i took out my trust deed. i cannot prove this as my father in law has passed away the company still insisted that i was still liable for this i have asked them to provide with docs proving im the legal owner of these plates but they have none because in not the owner. i had to pay my house equity last year again an other surprise that was not explained to me either i have an email stating that my TD finishes in august with no mention of plates im refusing to pay this 500 pounds how does this affect my TD any help would be grat .

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12987 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2019 :  10:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum nncjimbo.

I don't doubt any of your comments regarding ownership, but there's an obvious issue here if you have signed trust deed documents indicating your willingness to pay an additional sum in respect of these private plates.

It sounds like this was part of the offer made to creditors and therefore part of the basis of their acceptance of your trust deed.

You'd obviously want to find some sort of way forwards with your trustee that enables your trust deed to be completed.

If you refuse to make this payment, without the agreement of your trustee, I guess there's a risk of your trust deed being failed. After all of this time you could find that you still have debt to deal with. There would also be a risk of being made bankrupt, which may be a particular concern to you as a homeowner.

Sorry for such a bleak reply. I hope you can find a way forwards that enables you to get the trust deed promptly completed.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3753 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2019 :  14:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would agree with all of TDA's comments. It really should have been made clear to you at the time, but if you have signed something agreeing that the Trust Deed would be proposed on that basis then you may have to carry it through regardless.

having said that, you could try to persuade your trustee that they were neglectful in how they explained it to you in the first place and ask that they write to your creditors and explain that the initial information was not accurate?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.