Trust Deed Forum - Solicitor check when buying a house?
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Solicitor check when buying a house?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kylewi
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2019 :  22:54:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This May be a stupid question? But does anyone know what registers the solicitor check when buying a house? Iím in process of buying a house and everything seems to be going smoothly! And was advised by my mortgage advisor, that didnít have to mention trustseed as it was more than 6 years from start date! Doesnít show on any my credit files either, Iíve phoned register of insolvency and my name doesnít appear on there anymore. Just wasnít sure if there was another register they check? Iíve. Been dis charge over 2 years.
Thanks

naedosh
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2019 :  23:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you've been asked about Trust Deed/Insolvency/Bankruptcy you must answer truthfully. Read the question carefully.
Go to Top of Page

Kylewi
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2019 :  00:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks but that doesnít answer my question?? The company I going with states that as long as itís more than 6 years from start date!!
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12987 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2019 :  09:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kylewi,

I think that the solicitors will be looking at insolvency records and the Register of Inhibitions.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

736 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2019 :  11:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Searches are made by search companies on behalf of solicitors.

Searches are made in register of inhibitions, and register of insolvencies.

Youíll be absolutely fine.
Go to Top of Page

Kylewi
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2019 :  12:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks tinsoldier, do you know what the inhabitation register will say? Not wanting this getting knock back at the last hurdle. Iím no on the register of insolvency anymore, just wasnít sure and will they even ask me about it thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Kylewi
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2019 :  13:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks tinsoldier, do you know what the inhabitation register will say? Not wanting this getting knock back at the last hurdle. Iím no on the register of insolvency anymore, just wasnít sure and will they even ask me about it thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3753 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2019 :  10:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you enter a Protected Trust Deed an inhibition is registered against your name on the Register of Inhibitions. This means that you cannot sell a property without the Trustee's agreement. The entry does show that the reason for the inhibiton is due to a Trust Deed.

Then, just before you are discharged from your Trust Deed a further entry is regstered to say that the inhibition is no longer valid.

These entries will show if the solicitior searches back over that time period on the Register. However, it should have no effect on your purchase - in fact I'm not sure that the solicitor would search against your name if you are the purchaser - only if you are selling I would have thought. The solicitor is merely checking that there is no legal reason why a property cannot be sold.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

736 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2019 :  14:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The purchaser is searched against too.

But the inhibition will be recalled; you will be fine. Trust me!
Go to Top of Page

Kylewi
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2019 :  22:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again tinsoldier and thank you Kevin. Itís been annoying the heíll out me, feel alot better now knowing this information #128588;

Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2174 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2019 :  17:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

As others have said things should be fine if you completed the Trust Deed a number of years ago.

Good luck with the house purchase and for the future.

For other people it just goes to show that there is life after a Trust Deed, itís just takes a little bit of time to rebuild things.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.