Tax refund
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicnac5

4 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2019 :  15:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Iím wondering if anyone can help.
Iíve been on a training course since September 2017.
I may be entitled to a tax refund on the money I earned whilst in the training course.
My question is I didnít sign into the trust deed till November 2018.
If I get the tax rebate will the trustee keep all the money or will they only take a portion as I didnít enter the trust deed until towards the end of my course? If that makes sense?
Iím not sure how it works? I may not even get the tax rebate. Was just wondering what would happen if I did.

Thanks

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13031 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2019 :  15:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nicnac5.

I'm afraid that the timing of the tax overpayment isn't relevant here.

The relevant factor is that you're potentially receiving this sum of money while in a trust deed.

Your trustee is very likely to request that any such rebate is paid over to them.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2197 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2019 :  17:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nicnac5,

As TDA has advised itís not about the timing but the fact you are in a Trust Deed at the moment and itís the Trustees job to recover as much funds for the creditors as possible.

HMRC will normally check the register of insolvencies and send any tax rebate directly to the Trustee.

Sorry itís not what you had hoped for.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.