New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2019 :  23:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read a lot of questions and answers in the last couple of days on the forum.i am in the 5 week waiting game for my deed to be protected and am really hopeful it will be.really nerve wracking

Allan bain

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  00:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would just like some advice from people that are going thru it.i havenít told anyone so just looking for re-assurance

Allan bain
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12920 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  09:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Bains.

Thankfully it's not too often that we hear about a trust deed failing to become protected.

Trustees have a pretty good idea what most creditors will (and will not) accept and can provide warnings to their clients accordingly.

Did your trustee express any concerns to you about any of your creditors?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2122 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  09:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bains,

Everyone feels a little nervous at this stage of the process. A good experienced advisor should be able to reassure you about the likelihood of the Trust Deed proposal being accepted. The majority of Trust Deed proposals are accepted so I would try not to worry and over think things too much.

As advisors we work with the majority of the main lenders on a regular basis and they set out criteria that they will accept in a Trust Deed. As long as your proposal meets the criteria set out by the lenders then there shouldnít be any problems.

Criteria that the lenders normally look for is an acceptable payment per month and a minimum return, that your income and expenditure isnít excessive and that the fees and costs of the Trustee arenít too high.

Some creditors such as Zopa, Hitachi and credit unions tend to have a more strict criteria and can sometimes be problematic for Trust Deed proposals.

Who are your main creditors?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  09:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for both youíre replyís.main creditor is everyday loans who my advisor said can be tricky.

Allan bain
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2122 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  10:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bains,

I agree in my experience dealing with Everyday Loans can be problematic and they do object to Trust Deed proposals.

Can you tell me how much your total debt is, how much you owe Everyday Loans and how much you are paying per month to the Trust Deed?

Also did your advisor tell you about the options should the Trust Deed proposal fail?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  10:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My total debt is 13k.i will be paying £165 p/m they said a das.everyday loans £4k

Allan bain
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12920 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  11:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bains,

You may already be aware that if creditors representing one third (around 33%) or more of your total debt object then a trust deed will not become protected.

The numbers you've given (Everyday £4000 and total debt £13000) leaves Everyday a couple of per cent short of being able to prevent protection (unless another creditor joined them in objecting).

Do you have the precise numbers for the Everyday Loans debt and your total listed debt?

It does look quite marginal here as to whether they're in a position to prevent protection without the assistance of another creditor.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  11:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
£4100 so it is less than the 33% just!!

Allan bain
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12920 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  11:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds positive Bains.

Fingers crossed for you.

Go to Top of Page

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  13:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
£4100 so it is less than the 33% just!!

Allan bain
Go to Top of Page

SunnyM
Advanced Contributor

58 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  13:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bains, I am now coming up for my third year. Itís been hard...no getting away from that however the relief you feel when you can sleep at night outweighs it all. I truly felt suicidal and ashamed that I had got into this position. I havenít told anyone either and that includes my other half as this would possibly cause us to split up.

You think 4 years seems a lifetime away but really I feel the last couple of years has gone by quickly and Iím so looking forward to being debt-free next year.

Just be upfront with your TD adviser always. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  13:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice feel a lot better just prey it gets protected

Allan bain
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2122 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  14:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bains, Everyday Loans have 31.5% of the debt so less than the 33% required. If the debt balance is correct then I think you should be ok.

Easy for me to say but try not to worry too much.

Please let us know how you get on.

Go to Top of Page

Bains
Contributor

11 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  14:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will do thanks for all your help

Allan bain
Go to Top of Page

fayeallanx2
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2019 :  23:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also in the 5 week waiting on my trust deed being protected, my first payment has been made and I fell so much better but I am still nervous and scared about it being rejected

Faye Allan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.