Trust Deed Forum - Link Financial Debt Collectors.
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Link Financial Debt Collectors.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Bob2004
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  11:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi..i had a trust deed which ended around 2009..in the last few months..i have been getting letters, texts and phone calls from a company called Link Financial for an old debt which was part of my trust deed. I know they legally dont have a leg to stand on and the debt is statue barred anyway and I have tried to ignore them but it seems to be getting more frequent so i am wondering if i should send them a statue barred letter to try and stop them contacting me ?...thanks for any help with this.

robert meighan

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12987 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  11:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Bob2004.

Link Financial often purchases debts. It sounds like they may not have been aware that yours has been subject to a trust deed.

Do you still have any documentation confirming the existence and/or completion of your trust deed? If you do I'd send them that rather than anything else.

You are correct that they cannot enforce a debt that has been included in a completed trust deed, so there is nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't advise going down the 'statute barred' ("Prescription" in Scotland) route as it isn't really appropriate to this situation. Worth noting that different time periods apply to different types of debts for prescription, which may or may not be appropriate to this account:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/old-debts-in-scotland-and-prescription.html

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 09 May 2019 11:56:07
Go to Top of Page

Bob2004
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  12:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for your advice on this..

robert meighan
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2174 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  12:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob2004,

It can be frustrating and sometimes a little worrying when letters like this are received when you have been out of the Trust Deed for so long.

As TDA has advised itís nothing to worry about and Iím sure once you notify them that you successfully completed a Trust Deed it will stop it.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Welcome14
Advanced Contributor

52 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2019 :  09:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,

direct number for their incolvency team is 02077932691, I spoke to them yesterday, very helpful

Richard
Go to Top of Page

domingo001
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2019 :  05:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bob2004[/i]
[br]hi..i had a trust deed which ended around 2009..in the last few months..i have been getting letters, texts and phone calls from a company called Link Financial for an old debt which was part of my trust deed. I know they legally dont have a leg to stand on and the debt is statue barred anyway and I have tried to ignore them but it seems to be getting more frequent so i am wondering if i should send them a statue barred letter to try and stop them contacting me ?...thanks for any help with this.

@hiBob2004
I had exactly the same issue i hope this will help you https://www.scottishtrustdeed.co.uk/creditor-details/scott-and-co-scotland/

HTML is OFF
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.