164 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  18:08:44  Show Profile
Wow can they really do this
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12961 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  18:11:52  Show Profile
We don't know if they can do this Wildchild. It remains legally contentious.

What we hear though is that RBS and NRAM are doing this.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  19:04:54  Show Profile
Here’s hoping when my former trustee returns the cheque they don’t decide to keep it
Thought it be all over today. Now seems Bamks might be starting to play up
Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  19:05:03  Show Profile
I have to agree RBS always try to set-off. I started off not having PPI according to them, (they even said the same to my trustee) to having 4 policies with PPI now 9 policies and 2 credit cards. Over 20K and counting. Only 1 of the accounts was in the trust deed the rest where fully paid off. RBS kept putting me off with letters like contacting your ex trustee to make sure they are not interested. Luckily it was W&B so they where fine. Then asked for more time to 23rd Oct so I started phoning them only to get told today that they will send new letters asking me to accept set-off. I told them "no chance". So its off to FCA or FOS as there has been court cases where RBS have lost as the Final dividend payment is a full and final settlement, which as far as I can see means there is debt to offset against.

I might start a new thread on the battle ahead.

HJAW.
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  19:32:00  Show Profile
Good point actually no debt to offset especially after today’s ruling
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12961 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  19:57:16  Show Profile
A couple of links explaining the set-off argument and how this connects to today’s judgment:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/news/rbsandppiclaimsaftertrustdeeds.php

https://www.morisonsllp.com/debtor-keeps-ppi-cash-after-discharge-from-trust-deed/

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  07:17:40  Show Profile
Quick question will rbs or other banks have to pay offset ppi money back to claimant

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

sophie
Frequent Contributor

28 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  08:54:55  Show Profile
Hi, I called Clear debt yesterday as a PPI claim for £2000.00 was sent to Mond in March and he cashed it in May. I was informed Clear Debt had been taken over by another company 4 months ago. Sorry did not take there name down. I take it with the ruling yesterday Mond should be sending the payment to me as both parties have been discharged 10 years ago.
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

733 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  09:00:07  Show Profile
Sophie - he had no right to cash the cheque. And yes the monies should come to you.
Go to Top of Page

Turbobhoy
Advanced Contributor

86 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  09:16:45  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by sophie[/i]
[br]Hi, I called Clear debt yesterday as a PPI claim for £2000.00 was sent to Mond in March and he cashed it in May. I was informed Clear Debt had been taken over by another company 4 months ago. Sorry did not take there name down. I take it with the ruling yesterday Mond should be sending the payment to me as both parties have been discharged 10 years ago.

Hi Sophie I found out yesterday that hodgsons chartered accountants are dealing with previous ppi you can get them on01619692023
Go to Top of Page

Gleith
Advanced Contributor

259 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  09:22:38  Show Profile
Does anyone know how we go about getting our money or do we just wait ?
Go to Top of Page

sophie
Frequent Contributor

28 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  09:56:18  Show Profile
Hi Turbobhoy, Thanks for this but does anyone know how to get the money that is owed to you?
Go to Top of Page

Turbobhoy
Advanced Contributor

86 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  09:57:06  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Gleith[/i]
[br]Does anyone know how we go about getting our money or do we just wait ?

I would think that all trustees that are holding cheques/money should be contacting debtors to give them what lawfully belongs to them Asap
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

733 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  10:10:57  Show Profile
The narrative since trustees started to try and reopen deeds has been "Let's see what happens legally". Now we know and we have clarity.

Simple as. Monies should be paid out.
Go to Top of Page

Turbobhoy
Advanced Contributor

86 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  13:13:35  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by sophie[/i]
[br]Hi Turbobhoy, Thanks for this but does anyone know how to get the money that is owed to you?

If mond is holding ur money u need to get in contact with hodgsons I've been on the phone again this morning to them according to them they are sorting out what has been paid in to the trust and who paid what as for mr mond they said he was out of the country at the moment
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.