Page: of 27

Turbobhoy
Advanced Contributor

86 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2018 :  13:45:02  Show Profile
Received letter from one today
Dear mr -------
Re your award for compensation for misled ppi
I refer to the recent judgement of the Supreme Court handed down on the 31st oct 2018 in the case of doonneen ltd( t/a mcguinness asc) and another vs mond.
Weave now instructed senior counsel to provide advice in relation to release of funds held in our client account from redress awards of compensation to clients for mis-sold ppi
We apologise for any delay but we need to conduct a review of our data base of all clients I similar circumstances to yourself which will inevitably take some time.
We will therefore revert to you as soon as practicable
Your sincerely
Mr mond
Trustee
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2018 :  16:22:05  Show Profile
Rbs are reviewing there policy in light off mond case . FCA won't do anything . I'd wait it will take some time Your money will come to you in time .

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2018 :  21:54:29  Show Profile
Head_just_above_water is complain to Financial Ombudsmen thats what I did after FCA didn't really do much when I called them.
I am same as you contacted RBS about 4 times now to request a letter regarding a breakdown of the off set each time no letter appears.

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

Gleith
Advanced Contributor

259 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2018 :  12:00:18  Show Profile
Thanks tinsoldier. It has been going on too long now and like other people thought that when it finally went to the Supreme court then there would be a resolution.Yet still I am told that they have to make a decision regarding postscript and though will give me lump sum will now deduct their fees and outlays. I feel that by pestering them then I will lose out altogether. I did send them an email outlining a few points that candlewick had helped with and have received an email saying they will get back to me this week. I just want an end to it all.
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

36 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2018 :  12:13:03  Show Profile
I think thatís what they are hoping for Gleith. It looks like they want to wear you down and hope you accept their offer so they can make money, which goes against the ruling. At the end of the day though you have to do whatís right for you.
Go to Top of Page

WIKIKEE
Advanced Contributor

178 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2018 :  18:18:55  Show Profile
Hi all

Was just thinking to myself this must have been decided by now and if I've read things correctly this has been found in our favour?

I had already lodged complaints with the FCA and the FOS should I go back to NRAM myself or wait to hear from the FCA etc. Their last email in August did say it may be nearer the end of the year before they would get back to me once the ruling hadd been made, so i'm inclined to wait.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

36 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2018 :  22:53:09  Show Profile
I would get back on to them. I am going to contact RBS every other day by phone and email. Eventually they will have to give answers
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2018 :  23:10:55  Show Profile
Think you are right Contoboy, I'm going to contact RBS everyday this week until someone can actually explain what they plan to do.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  07:46:20  Show Profile
banks move very slowly when it comes to reviews . We Need to club together with a collective complaint the more the better

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  13:57:58  Show Profile
Your right Luke4630, I think the more people who join up the better.
I'm happy to team up with more people and tackle this issue as a group, hopefully we could achieve something and get our monies that is due to us all.
Go to Top of Page

jongers1
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  18:16:31  Show Profile
I agree that a collective complaint / action is the way forward. More than happy to add my name and complaint.

jongers1
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  21:55:31  Show Profile
I'm happy to draft up a letter if anyone wishes to sign . Will be sent to rbs excecutive ppi team in due course

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

Gleith
Advanced Contributor

259 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  21:58:06  Show Profile
Iím in
Go to Top of Page

jongers1
Contributor

10 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  22:45:15  Show Profile
I'm in

jongers1
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2018 :  23:11:21  Show Profile
I'm in

G Wood
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.