Trustees are not entitled to it now so wonít take it
Doubt banks are either as they all seems to be in talks
Go to Top of Page

Gleith
Advanced Contributor

259 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  11:01:01  Show Profile
Dear Gail,

Thank you for your email and note the contents at present I am awaiting our solicitors and your former trustee fees and outlays and answers to the points raised. Once I have all the information available which should be next week I will reply back to you.

I trust this to be in order.

Kind Regards,

Got this e mail from ex trustee today

Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  12:25:26  Show Profile
Am confused as to why you have to pay former trustee fees
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  12:43:48  Show Profile
Just received an email reply back from RBS Exec complaints stating in view of my comments, there have requested a full briefing and review of my concerns.
No mention about a review if how these cases are handled and no mention about Donnelly v RBS or Doneed v Mond cases which I quoted on the email.
Will wait and see what I get back, but think it will be some time.
Go to Top of Page

Gleith
Advanced Contributor

259 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  14:15:19  Show Profile
So am I wildchild but will see what they say next week.
Go to Top of Page

Turbobhoy
Advanced Contributor

86 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  17:17:00  Show Profile
Shock no letter from hodgsons today as promised by them over the phone think time to get high court rit to get my money
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

36 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  17:32:12  Show Profile
Called RBS and they said the delay was due to backlog of claims. I asked if it was in relation to Mond case and was told that has nothing to do with the length of time taking to deal with complaints. I could smell the #128169;coming down the phone.
Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  18:32:37  Show Profile
As people know I have given RBS up to today to release the money "that RBS originally said to me and my trustee that I never had any ppi with them". Got a letter today.

"I write futher to your phone call received on 1 November 2018

I confirm that the Bank remains entitled to exercise it's right as a creditor to balance accounts in debt; open or historic. This is the banks policy that if the client has any outstanding balance when the payment is made we will first apply the refund against this."

Couple of error in this it was a letter sent. And I have no debt with them as it's cleared due to the final dividend. I will call them tomorrow and ask under which point of law they can do this as the court of session and now the supreme court have ruled that the final dividend is exactly that final. Not an interim payment...

And so the saga goes on. I know the person I talk to tomorrow will not know or care that RBS is in the wrong and will just read from a script. But I have the paper work ready to lodge with the court on Monday. So I will ask them tomorrow for a name and address for the court to serve the summons paperwork on.

Sorry had to edit to make it sound right.

Edited by - head-just-above-water on 16 November 2018 23:01:21
Go to Top of Page

amorphous
Advanced Contributor

127 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  20:22:23  Show Profile
HJAW - I think you need to go to your local law centre, and see if they will act on your behalf.
Its sounds like RBS won't pay you, regardless of what you do or say.
They need to be approached by someone with legal knowledge.

At minimum, consult your local Citizens Advice, see if they can help.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  20:53:06  Show Profile
ive posted a few days ago rbs are reviewing there policy in light off the mond case . It will be a waiting game just now . But looks promising

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12962 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2018 :  20:55:35  Show Profile
I agree Colin.

Weíre reading standard fobbing-off statements here.

A bigger decision seems likely to come in due course.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2018 :  10:14:03  Show Profile
Update, received email from Financial Ombudsman stating that in light of the mind case there are looking into how cases are being dealt with. Advised I complaint to RBS which I've already done.
Ombudsman will look Into this on my behalf and get back to me but gave warned it may be some time.

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2018 :  10:35:32  Show Profile
What a carry on after final distribution. No debt to off set
Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2018 :  11:43:34  Show Profile
Just off the phone with RBS PPi team spoke to a very nice lady, who after asking her line manager advised they can't give out a name or address for the court paperwork to be served on. Instead she took the details and will email to her manager who will forward to the legal dept. who will get back to me. No time scale. So since this will now take ages as RBS don't seem to own a calendar.

I was hoping to do 5 small claims for the small amounts (all less than 2k each) and then use a solicitor for the summary cause (the over 5k one) still got to wait on the outcome of 3 which they also say had ppi on them. 1 of which is a 50% with the wife (which they never told the trustee about either).

I think in the mean time will summit a complaint to the FCA or FOS (can't remember which one it is) about RBS actions.

Maybe someone can help. As RBS has admitted the PPI was mis sold or in 1 of my cases not even asked for not documented on the paperwork but they took the money. Say my debt to them was 15k ppi was 6K does that make the debt 9K minus the 2k they already set-off from the wife during her Trust deed (this is how we found out there was ppi they sent the offer to her instead of the trustee) and then the 3k they got from my dividend leaving 4k to set-off against the refund.

Only ask as RBS will not even give a break down of the set-off just keep asking(sorry demanding) me to agree to it.

Sorry a bit long winded.
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

733 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2018 :  11:45:36  Show Profile
I really feel for those still caught up in the uncertainty here, when quite rightly they expected some clarity after the Supreme Court verdict. itís been such a long wait, and to have this prolonged by lawyers and trustees must be infuriating and frustrating.

I would urge those still in limbo to make polite nuisances of themselves; telephone, email, write to the various bodies involved and reiterate your stance and the recent Supreme Court judgement, not the comments attached to it but the judgement itself. Thatís the legal part and the current understanding - PPI post discharge of both trustee and debtor belongs to the debtor.

The entire saga smacks of the child that doesnít like to be told no. Iíll leave you to work out who the child is.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.