New Topic  Topic Locked
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

Turbobhoy
Advanced Contributor

86 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2018 :  16:54:50  Show Profile
Hi glieth might be worth holding off too see what the other trustees are going to do with our money
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2018 :  16:59:29  Show Profile
Seems all we do is wait till FORMER trustees decide what they fancy doing even after a Supreme Court ruling
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2018 :  21:26:32  Show Profile
New to this forum, have been successful with ppi from RBS over 13k, now been told full set off has taken place due to an old trust deed which both me and my trustee were discharged from 12 years ago.
Each time i call i get passed from department to department, no one can give an explanation.
Been reading about Donnelly v RBS case very similar to my situation so im sure i am due the full PPI monies.
Contacted both FCA ad Ombudsman, FCA states RBS can do full set off however Ombudsman initially stated RBS can do this set off until i mentioned the Donelly v RBS case then i was told more research will need to be done and there will contact me next week with update.

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2018 :  22:06:41  Show Profile
So u was paid out 13k ? And now they want it back ??
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2018 :  22:09:55  Show Profile
So u was paid out 13k ? And now they want it back ??
Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

317 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2018 :  23:18:38  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by TDA (Debt Adviser)[/i]
[br]Iíd hoped the amazing Candlewick might make a reappearance on this thread.

Welcome back.

Aw, thanks TDA!

There's something about this topic.

I'd say that I had a Rip Van Winkle moment after falling asleep watching the video of the July Supreme Court hearing.

Except when Rip woke up, he found that everything had changed!
Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

317 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2018 :  23:25:38  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by tinsoldier[/i]
[br]Hi Candlewick

Excellent post.

The answer to your second question is, of course, none.

Hi tinsoldier

I don't think we can know the answer to the questions about 'what has Gleith's former trustee's regulatory body said about this issue?' unless we know who the former trustee is.

I'm pretty sure that ICAS at least said after one of the court of session hearings that they wouldn't expect their members to go after PPI in these circumstances.

Not a blanket ban on their members going after the PPI, but a lot more than 'nothing'.

Of course, although ICAS is the regulatory body for many trustees who deal with trust deeds, they're not the only one.
Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

317 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2018 :  23:46:10  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Gleith[/i]
[br]So can anyone tell me should I decline their offer and fight it or what as I donít want my trust deed opened up again

Hi Gleith

No one can tell you what to do. Whatever decision you take, it has to be based on what's right for you and your family.

I can tell you what I'd do in your shoes. Others can tell you what they'd do in your shoes. Some will tell you what they think you should do, without ever bothering to think about being in your shoes.

All that matters is that you take the decision that is right for *you*.

I've already said a lot about what I would do if I were in your shoes. Maybe it's quite technical stuff, but it's worth using to get your former trustee to give some facts and figures.

I'll tell you what my gut says. It says that two things scream out of the email you got.

1) How much are the former trustee's fees and outlays? How can anyone possibly agree to an offer if they don't know what it's going to cost them? At least find out how much those 'fees and outlays' will take out of the PPI money involved. It could be anything between £130 and £13,000. The exact number is important.

2) The Supreme Court's postscript says that creditors could go to court to get the trustee's actions 'reduced' (because the trustee got it wrong). It says that the creditors should not lose out because the trustee got it wrong, so that the creditors didn't get as much money back as they could have. Your former trustee is offering you a deal along the lines of "Psst! Gimme as much money as I'm asking for and your creditors don't even need to know about it".

Based on that last line alone, my gut says that your former trustee is not bothered about creditors losing out.

It's also asking for some antacids
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2018 :  08:14:55  Show Profile
Hi wildchild, no I have not received any money, RBS decided to do full off set and keep the lot.
Spoke to solicitor that handled Alison Donnelly case and he states my circumstances are the same and I'm due the money.

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Advanced Contributor

164 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2018 :  08:28:16  Show Profile
Banks seems to do as they please judgement clearly says where Ppi belongs. What was actually point on the Supreme Court ruling as still in Same position
Discharged has stated no debts to off set against ??
My Ppi was sent to a former trustee in April.
Worried now if they send it back now bank will offset after clearly paying it out
Go to Top of Page

contoboy
Frequent Contributor

36 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2018 :  09:59:35  Show Profile
Hi Glasgaz74, who is the solicitor you contacted? I feel that I am going to have the same issue with RBS. They may end up with a few more clients if RBS continues to use outdated legislation for offset.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

54 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2018 :  10:38:48  Show Profile
Frielssolictors

Colin luke
Go to Top of Page

wishfulthinker22

4 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2018 :  10:59:13  Show Profile
I contacted RBS last week to re-open my PPI complaint as my payout was off set ( emailed ross.mcewan@rbs.com so it would be picked up by the exec complaints team )

Email back this morning stating I will get a full response in the next few days as they are currently liaising with other departments.
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2018 :  12:06:17  Show Profile
Solicitor is cruel solicitors.
Thanks wishfulthinker22 for update please let me know if you get any reply back from RBS.
I've asked RBS to send me a letter explaining and confirming full set off action and been told they don't issue letters which is very strange.

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

GlasGaz74
Frequent Contributor

43 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2018 :  12:07:50  Show Profile
Sorry i meant Friel Solicitors based in Uddingston

G Wood
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.