Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 ppi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skintagain
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2017 :  16:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was in a trust deed up until last year during said trust deed all ppi claims went into trust deed ,how can they take this money even though it was well before trust deed started money i did not know i had and i might not have had to go into trust deed if i had ppi money

Voice of Reason
Advanced Contributor

116 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2017 :  07:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is exactly because it was before the Trust Deed that they had the right to claim any redress due. By signing a Trust Deed, any assets you own are conveyed to the Trustee, this includes the right to make claims for sums due to you.

Did the additional PPI money mean that all of your creditors were paid in full together with statutory interest? if not them creditors will still have required to write off a proportion of the debt owed by you.

Edited by - Voice of Reason on 27 March 2017 07:43:07
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12987 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2017 :  08:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi skintagain.

To look at this another way, this is really no different to equity in a home.

Mortgage payments long before a trust deed began, and/or appreciation in property values long before a trust deed began, could create equity in a home. The trustee is still going to have an interest in that equity.

What's relevant here is that an asset exists at the point of signing a trust deed. Potential PPI claims are such an asset.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

skintagain
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2017 :  16:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it would have probably covered debt but just glad im out of trust deed now and can move on thanks for replies
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

12987 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2017 :  16:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi skintagain.

I can understand any frustration that you might feel if mis-sold PPI left you in such a difficult financial position in the first instance.

However, and as you say, you have at least been able to move forwards now.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

skintagain
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2019 :  11:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for all replies
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.