Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 private car plates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nncjimbo Posted - 05 July 2019 : 18:22:54
Hi guys new member looking for advice my TD, finishes in 2 payments so i called the company dealing with that just to confirm finish date only to be told that i had an extra 500 pounds to due to the fact that 2 private plates. where registered on my trust deed and that i had signed for this. i explained that i was the reg keeper for both cars at the time but was not the owner of the plates or the cars i was asked to provide proof. that i was not the owner at the time so i sent them both V5 docs and retention slips for the plates showing them to be my wife and daughters which where bought by my wife father as presents for them before i took out my trust deed. i cannot prove this as my father in law has passed away the company still insisted that i was still liable for this i have asked them to provide with docs proving im the legal owner of these plates but they have none because in not the owner. i had to pay my house equity last year again an other surprise that was not explained to me either i have an email stating that my TD finishes in august with no mention of plates im refusing to pay this 500 pounds how does this affect my TD any help would be grat .
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nncjimbo Posted - 16 August 2019 : 20:03:18
hi thanks for the reply
The whole issue is the ownership of the plates they are saying that i owned the plates at the time of signing the TD. I signed after telling the rep that i was only the reg keeeper of the cars both cars and plates where not mine and the TD was advised of this, and told this wasnt an issue only to find out that it is. i have asked them for proof of ownership after i provide proof that i wasnt the owner so well see what happens.
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 16 August 2019 : 15:05:36
Hi nncjimbo.

I'm not 100% sure whether ownership (or not) is the issue here. From the perspective of your trustee and creditors, the issue may be more that this extra some of money was part of your proposal to them and part of the reason they agreed to accept your trust deed.

I understand that you're unhappy with your trust deed provider. Coming to some agreement with them does seem like the only sensible way through this though.
nncjimbo Posted - 16 August 2019 : 13:38:43
Thanks for the advice. i have taken legal advise regarding the the plates and been advised that the td company must provide proof that im the legal owner of said plates ,and that a signature and a tick in a box is not enough on its own to show ownership .i have also recieved my final statement from the td company where it clearly states that my TD finishes on 15th aug there is no mention of extra payment of 500 pounds.It olso shows motors cars 2 with nil against both of them.how can they take extra payment when td has finished i have paided way more than i ever owed in the 1 st place yet they want even more.they have had 3 ppi claims in the past 4 years totalling over 2000 pounds.i thought td's where here to help people not rob them blind.
Kevin Mapstone Posted - 09 July 2019 : 14:49:05
I would agree with all of TDA's comments. It really should have been made clear to you at the time, but if you have signed something agreeing that the Trust Deed would be proposed on that basis then you may have to carry it through regardless.

having said that, you could try to persuade your trustee that they were neglectful in how they explained it to you in the first place and ask that they write to your creditors and explain that the initial information was not accurate?
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 08 July 2019 : 10:52:16
Welcome to the forum nncjimbo.

I don't doubt any of your comments regarding ownership, but there's an obvious issue here if you have signed trust deed documents indicating your willingness to pay an additional sum in respect of these private plates.

It sounds like this was part of the offer made to creditors and therefore part of the basis of their acceptance of your trust deed.

You'd obviously want to find some sort of way forwards with your trustee that enables your trust deed to be completed.

If you refuse to make this payment, without the agreement of your trustee, I guess there's a risk of your trust deed being failed. After all of this time you could find that you still have debt to deal with. There would also be a risk of being made bankrupt, which may be a particular concern to you as a homeowner.

Sorry for such a bleak reply. I hope you can find a way forwards that enables you to get the trust deed promptly completed.

Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.